Glenn A. Henkel, J.D., LL.M., CPA
Mr. Henkel is a shareholder in the firm Kulzer & DiPadova and earned his J.D. degree at Rutgers University School of Law, where he graduated with honors and was awarded the Prentice Hall Award for outstanding performance in the area of taxation. He earned his LL.M. in Taxation at New York University.
Mr. Henkel has been honored with many prestigious awards:
• 2016: Distinguished Legislative Service Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association for years of concentrated effort on the Uniform Trust Code;
• 2015: Dorothy G. Black Award from the Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association for outstanding service;
• 2009: Alfred C. Clapp Award from the New Jersey Continuing Institute for Legal Education for excellence in continuing legal education; and
• 2005: Founders Award for Lifetime Achievement from the Estate and Financial Planning Council of Southern New Jersey.
Mr. Henkel is the author of New Jersey Estate Planning Manual: Theory, Practice & Forms – 2007 (with Steven K. Mignogna and Gerard G. Brew). He was an editor and a contributing author and editor of New Jersey Estate and Trust Litigation: 2nd Edition – 2012 (by Steven K. Mignogna) and New Jersey Probate Procedures Manual – 2009 (by Gerard G. Brew) all published by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (available at www.NJICLE.com). He was one of the key principals on the NJ bar association committee to conform the UTC, as adopted by the Uniform Law Commission to New Jersey law.
Mr. Henkel is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. He is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Estate Planning Council. He is a Past Chair of the Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section and is Past Chair of the Taxation Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He is also a member of the American Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar Association, and the Camden County Bar Association. Mr. Henkel was a Trustee of the Camden County Bar Association from 2000-2006 and is currently Co-Chair of the Probate and Trust Committee of the Camden County Bar Association. He is a Past President of the Estate and Financial Planning Council of Southern New Jersey, Inc.
In addition to being an attorney, Mr. Henkel is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Henkel was on the Board of the Southwest Jersey Chapter of the NJSCPA and during 2001-2002, he served as president.
Mr. Henkel was named a Super Lawyer in New Jersey from 2005- 2017 and for some of the years was distinguished as one of the 100 Top Super Lawyers in New Jersey. Mr. Henkel was named to “Best Lawyers in America” from 2007- 2017. He has been designated as an Accredited Estate Planner by the National Association of Estate Planning Councils in 2006.
Mr. Henkel was an Assistant Professor of Tax Law at Rutgers University School of Law. He was a member of the Rutgers Law Journal, has published articles in national tax journals and has lectured extensively to groups of lawyers, accountants and estate planners. Mr. Henkel is admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court and is a member of the Bars of the State of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. His particular areas of expertise include complex estate planning, tax-exempt organizations and Probate, Trust and Estate Law.
- Tax Law
- Trust and Estates Law
- Non Profit Corporation Law
- New Jersey, 1985
- Rutgers University, J.D., with honors, 1985
- New York University, LL.M., in Taxation, 1988
- Rider College,B.S., magna cum laude, 1980
- Rated AV® PreeminentTM by Martindale-Hubbell
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine *
2005 – 2017, Estate Planning & Probate, Tax
- Best Lawyer in America * 2007 – 2017
- 2016 Distinguished Legislative Service Award (NJSBA)
- 2015 Dorothy G. Black Distinguished Service Award (NJSBA)
- 2009 Alfred C. Clapp Award for Excellence in Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE)
- 2005 Founders Award (Estate and Financial Planning Council of Southern NJ)